Monday, December 14, 2009

My baby goes to Kindergarten!!!

( I know people this is SEVERAL months late...but for my sake I am posting it anyway :))

I will be the first to admit that I was quite ready for this monkey to go to school. She is such a busy body that is so curious about everything and wants to know about it all. SO yes, I am one of those parents that had the secret countdown in my head to the day school was starting. It was a GREAT morning. We had a big breakfast with our little theme of the year "Have fun and Learn Lots". We have to keep it simple, after all, she is only going to kindergarten!


There was not time that morning thought to relish in the last moments of being home because Thursdays are busy with two chickies in morning dance class almost back to back. The school this year did a new thing called kleenex and cookies for the parents after dropping there kids off. We snuck and both grabbed a cookie sat down and had our last chat of innocence before she entered the eye opening world of school. I only felt teary for about 2 minutes after she was walking away not even looking back. Then I got home and realized all that can be accomplished in 2 hours and 40 minutes.





She is missed but I also enjoy the one on one time I get with Pinto...that is something we have never had. Now that the year is have over-almost- and we have had a few attention hurdles kindergarten is a blast for both of us. I am the room mom, supposed to be another helper but she disappeared after the first party, and I get to volunteer one day a week in the class.

I am loosing my mind or are kids having to learn more stuff at a younger age. Forget colors and letters....it is about words and reading here. MAN, I would have failed for sure!! I am very proud of how well she has done and how far she has come. GREAT JOB Scooby!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the idea of the "theme" and big special breakfast! :) I think it will be harder on me when Lydia goes to K. I was like you when it was time for Eliza to go. She was so ready! But Lydia?? I might not be ready... :)

grandmabish said...

I had to laugh about your "eye opener". I had the same experience with Becky. Last child of six. I was in tears when she walked in that door and I was crying as I walked home, then I suddenly thought about those 2 hours! Hey wait a minute...I have time for myself" I could shop in half the time alone, clean, study a lesson..WOW. Of course all the homework when all the kids walked in the door was a bad thing...One more to take to the library. We practically lived there before computers. I'm one of those who was happier than the kids were on the last day of school every spring.