Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My favorite 4 year old!

As I sit here on the couch at 11 o'clock at night my little four year old is watching one of her favorite movies, Tinkerbell. Now we are not one for late night parties but alas the poor girl just isn't feeling at the top of her game today. So I will take this time to write about why I love my Scooby.

She was quite a surprise to us, but a wonderful surprise that I would not give back (most days). She will turn five this year and start kindergarten. Many parents cry the first day their child goes to school but I will be ecstatic. This child has such a desire to learn and understand the hows and whys of EVERYTHING that she is going to be on cloud nine.

Her days are full of imagination and music. One minute she is a horse the next she is a fairy. I was informed the other day that when she grows up, she is going to live in Disneyland and be Queen Clarion. She saves everything because even the most random pieces of nothingness have a meaning and use.

Her preschool teacher said that she is a very compassionate little girl that makes sure everyone else is taken care of before worrying about herself. That is truly a gift from God! She is a child that tests my patients to the ultimate limit but also makes me laugh at her sassy attitude.

Lima loves to dance and sing. Not a day goes by that she doesn't burst into song at home or at the store. More then once people have been sung Mamma Mia to or whatever song happens to be on her mind.

Another quality that she posses is her ability to be a social butterfly. This child fears no one!! She will tell all her thoughts to anyone that will listen. She has talked a complete stranger (to her, dad knew the person) to buy her starburst's out of the vending machine. There is a guy that daddy works with and she has names him the donut man. Every time she sees him, she flashes those big baby blue eyes, a big smile, and gives him a hug. That is all it takes and he buys her a donut. All the while I just laugh and wonder what she is going to be like when she gets older.

I had the chance to go to preschool with her and I was impressed with her memorization of the pledge of allegiance. We celebrated her 1/2 birthday that day and she told everyone it was her really birthday.

I love you Scoobs!!! Even though there are days when I think about selling you, I am truly grateful that you are in our family!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I might add that she is soooo reverant and sweet in Primary. She gives such grown up answers to questions, and is always kind and complimenting everyone she sees. What a special girl!