Friday, May 8, 2009

FINALLY, I am a Registered Nurse!!!!!


I never in a million bagillion years thought this day would come. OK, so it took almost a million bagillion years, but who is counting. I FINALLY GRADUATED. What a crazy feeling it is. I think I may need some therapy to figure out what to do with myself. As a part of nursing tradition, we have a pinning ceremony. It turned out so nice, and I held back every tear!! After the ceremony, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for a late dinner.



Then today, the festivities continued. It was cap and gown time people!! There was several of us that met up so that we could all walk one last time together and sit with each other. AND yes, for all of you who know how crazy I am, my friend and I stood and the edge of the stage and shouted a very loud WOOHOOO. I think everyone needed to hear our excitement hehehe.

My partner in crime!!

The past two years have been the biggest emotional roller coaster. From late nights of papers, careplans, and homework; to mornings of getting up at 4 am to make it to clinical on time. There were moments that I thought failing would be easier, because that meant I had an excuse to not go back. But, alas, I stuck it out.

I have not cried so hard, or laughed until my sides hurt like I did in nursing school. It is a profession that chose me. It was a long road of changing majors and uncertainty about this path as a career. Now, it has become a part of my life. I love people, I love the patients!! I love being a nurse!!

I could not have made it through school without some awesome people in my. The most important, being my hubs. He was my rock and my shoulder to cry on. Close in tow were my two critters. They sacrificed a lot having mommy gone so much, but where I lacked for a short time, daddy stepped up and built that bond that many kids will never have with their dads.



I had some AWESOME family that stepped up and helped with watching my baby beans on long school days or nights I needed to study. AND there was also many friends that cheered me along the way. From your contribution to a cd made by big bean, to positive "You can do it" comments. I love all of you that helped me get there too. Each person that has been in my life whether a positive or negative encounter, has shaped me to be the person that I am today. It is all of you who helped me be me!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL. THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT!!!!!

12 comments:

Stacey Mom said...

Congrats lady!!! I'm so happy for you! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Opps! That was me! We're watching my friends kids and I didn't realize she was signed on to her blog. Sorry!

Nat

The Poulsen Family said...

Congratulations! Good Job on making it through!!

Becky said...

Congratulations!! What an accomplishment!

Lindsey said...

I am so happy for you - and I must admit a little jealous! ;) Good for you!

Rachel said...

Amazing feeling, isn't it? I can hardly believe it's been 4 years for me since I finished school! Sheesh. Many congrats and learning experiences to come!! Best of luck :)

Lisa P. said...

Lori that is so awesome! you seriously amaze me! Good luck with this new adventure.

Mason Family said...

Congrats!!!!!! I am so proud of you (and Jealous!!!) Way to go! I can't believe that we are all big and grown up now! :) Way to go!

Aria said...

Yay! I knew you would do it!! I'm so happy for you! So, what is next? Don't forget -- we should be having a baby blessing around September or October in Arkansas! I miss you my friend and I am so so happy for you!

Laura Jex said...

congrats!

Amanda said...

Congrats Lori!! I am soo excited for you - you are all done!! It was worth the work I promise!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!
The DeHart's