7 years ago
Friday, October 17, 2008
Finding deals...and sharing!
So, I like to look for deals while shopping. My hubs always says I take the stores to the cleaners. (MY GOAL!!) So I thought, if I come upon such great deals, why not pass it along. Sorry to all y'all that live far away, but I want to help those that I can. First of all, you must be a coupon clipper. And by this I mean sunday paper, ads, deals on packages(yes I take them off, if I don't need the product now but will later. Am I a coupon stealer? YIKES) anywhere!! Then I go hunting for sales. My hits this past few weeks, cereal and soup. We go through a box of cereal a day, literally. SO, ex. of shopping sales, Macey's has GM cereal(select kinds, YEAH for honey nut cheerios, they are never on sale) on 10 for $25 with $10 off if you purchase 10 boxes. Well then I had 2 $1 off coupons and voila. It was just that easy! 10 boxes of cereal for 13 bucks. That is a steal. So run out with ad in hand(that is where the $1 coupon is) and stock up. AND never never be afraid to ask for rain-checks. Then you can keep coupon hunting and you don;t miss the sale if the goods are gone for good. Another steal-pancake mix. Maceys had Honeyville (the only kind I like now, pancake snob what can I say.) mix on sale on a sat morning deal for .99 a 2 lb box. Well the 7 pound back will put you out for $7. So I bought 15 boxes (people this is how food storage comes about, buy when on sale, and lots) for just under $15. The total regular price would have been over $45. HOLY COW!!! SO, as I come across my amazing steals, be ready with cash in hand and sprint to the nearest deal finding store and get some good deals for you buck. Besides, I now do not have to purchase cereal, mac & cheese, soup, or pancake mix for a year. Steal of a deal!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You need to check out Pinching Your Pennies...they do ALL the work for you! It's Awesome! They have all the stores too..Smith's, Albertson's, Macey's etc!!
I have a question. When I use a coupon they will only let me use it for one item. So if something says a dollar off two I can only buy two with the coupon. How do you buy so many? is it just the store you shop at or do you have a coupon for each?
I go coupon hunting, I get them from my parents, in-laws, ANYONE!! Then I have enough coupons to cover my items on sale. If there is a limit, I take the hubs and we both get some, or I go to the store several times. SO SNEAKY.
Hey just thought I would share this blog i found the other day, http://www.mommieswithcents.com/
They have great deals all the time and right now she is saying that Linens and things is closing up shop so SHOP! I think I am going to head over today just to see, I am looking for cheap cloth boxes for organizing the kids stuff!
Ok sorry one more website I figured I would share...
http://niftythriftyhomemaker.blogspot.com/
Look at you! You should start a separate blog just for deals of the week. I bet you would get a lot of people checking it out!
You sterilize the cans and then just screw the lids on and they seal themselves. I haven't done it but my mother-in-law did it. Just 5 minutes of boiling for the butter and then straight into the jars. if you want it to set up perfectly and not separate you sometimes need to shake it a little while it is cooling. They have a shelf life of three years but the lady who always cans butter uses hers every year at Christmas time for Christmas baking. I think if you are going to can it this is the way to use it up.
Hey Lori - check out www.grocerysmarts.com log in g84rcm. This site (is free) takes all the adds and coorlates them with the coupons - up to 5 months. They say take 4 news paper subscriptions (1 for every person in your family) and then when things are pennies buy mulitple - you will be able to build food storage with out going over you monthly budget. Just thought I'd share.
Post a Comment