Friday, October 24, 2008

My life...

I have been so terribly busy this past week that I have not had time to sit and catch my breath. Between school, kids, hubs, and the daily business it it hard sometimes to find myself. So I have sat here pondering tonight (while doing more homework) about myself. I had an interesting question appear on a mental health quiz today about marriage. It read something along the lines of studies show marriage is beneficial to men and detrimental to women. I so wanted to press the false button, but my two friends beside me said it was absolutely true. They were living examples. How sad that made me. Do I want to view life as a detriment because I chose (keyword chose) to change my life. I may not be the same person I was before I met my hubs. I know I am not the same person he married (in a good way). And I am certain that I am no where near the person I was before I have Lima or even Pinto. I have not lost my identity or myself. I have grown!! I never could have imagined that being married and having two giggly, singing, dancing girls in my life would be heaven sent. There are days when I wish I could be more carefree, but then I think to myself, Carefree to do what? Look to what my future my hold. I now hold my future. Every night I hold them as we read a story and sing our Jesus song before bed. Every night I sleep next to my future, my eternity. I would not be the person I am without those people. I don't need to sit and try and find myself. They are what make me, me. Who would I color with if Lima wasn't there? Who would I dance with if Pinto were not here? Who's shoulder would I cry on if Bean were not there? There are to many people in the world that think there is always something better. The sad thing is, there is usually something much worse. I am very grateful that I have the very best!!! I know that those little blonde girls I see everyday were meant for me. God wrapped them up and trusted me with them. I know that my path crossed Beans for a reason. He was the one person who could understand my life, my situation, me. Though life may be stressful with another test every Monday or more homework to do, studying. These are so minute compared to forever. I never thought I would get to this point with Beans being done with school (my heart still says WE DID IT!!). Somedays it feels like I will never get that degree, but yesterday someone said six months. THAT'S IT!!! It takes longer to have a baby. I can do it. We all can do it. Time is relative. Life is forever. I love you family!!

6 comments:

Ina said...

I was thinking along these same lines today. I was think about a friend I had had for a few months right before I met Shiloh. He was Catholic and grew up Back East it was a random though as I was looking up old friends on facebook. I was wondering if I even wanted to get in touch with him (I decided on no) but it made me think about what he would think of my life. In the nine years sense we last saw each other I have gotten married and added three little rug rats to the group. From his picture on facebook I think he had just got engaged. Would he think I was weird or wonder if I had rushed things? Would he ask me if I was happy? So I asked myself has this life I have chosen made me happy and the answer quickly came, YES! I have what I have always dreamed of and longed for and The one thing I would truly yearn for if I didn’t have it, a family. Is marriage and babies detriment to me? Well maybe my body isn’t what it use to be, pregnancy can do a number on your body but inside I believe I am so much better. I am kinder thanks to Shiloh’s example, I am more patient and loving, I have a perspective that could come in no other way. I am less self-centered and more centered on others. I believe the positives far out way the negatives.

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Wow that was a great post! I love the thoughts! I have been thinking about such things too lately, the "world" wants us to think being a mom and wife is for the ladies in the 50's and now a days we should know better....Thank HEAVENS we do KNOW better! Especially being in NY, I get lots of dirty looks for having two kids and a big belly and nasty remarks even too...I have had a very hard time with that. And I was so thankful for Pres. Uchtdorf's talk at RS meeting, when he said don't' let Fear paralyze you I realized that is exactly what I had done, I wasn't going anywhere because I was afraid Luke would start being the boy he is and someone would say something rude...So I have been better, I am thankful for the gospel and knowing who I am too, a partner with God, a Daughter of God, and though the world doesn't think I am important Allie and Luke think I am the greatest! And that is really all that matters!

Cori said...

Amen to everything you said. I would be lost with out Colin and my kids. Not because I lost my identity, I feel just the opposite. I have finally found who I am. I am a wife and a mother. And I love it.

Becca S. said...

Just wanted to let you know that Michell STILL say little M is his girlfriend. He can't remember her name half the time but no other girl can replace her.

LAINA said...

Thanks for sharing. I understand what you mean. There are so many unhappy people in our world that just don't seem to take time to realize what joys are in their life. They give up those lasting joys for temporal ones and it makes me sad. It is so important to realize that in life we grow and change, we are not meant to stay the same people forever, we are meant to change, and it is a good thing. Thanks for your thoughts.

Lisa P. said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts. It really makes me appreciate what I have. I love reading about peoples deep thoughts and inspirations:)