Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The BIG day...

Lima has been dancing since she was two....and LOVING it!!! This year the dance studio she attends chose The Wizard of Oz for their performance. Lima's class were the munchkins who helped Dorothy follow the yellow brick road. We are not allowed to video tape to performance but I will post her dance as soon as I get the DVD from the dance studio.

I was very proud of Lima. Dancing on the stage at Kingsbury is a big thing for a little kid. This is her second year dancing on the "big stage" (in her words) and she looks forward to it from the first day of dance every fall. Pinto was sad that it was not her turn this year to dance on the "big stage". But Lima shared a flower and she was reassured that next year, she too could wear a fancy costume and dance up there with the big girls.

Here are some pictures of the BIG day!!!

We are getting ready to go.



She was SO excited to receive flowers...funny girl!!


While we were waiting for them to take them down to their waiting rooms, they let Lima hold the wicked witched broom. SHE was stoked!!! After the performance we went and bought ice cream and she kept telling everyone she was the witch. Then she would proceed with a shrieking cackle.


Pinto wanted in on the picture taking. So she posed with glow dog. And yes, the dog went to the performance with us. She kept telling the lights to turn off so glow dog could help everyone see. FUNNY girl!


We had a great time!! It will be nice to have a month off then back to it!!
I cannot not even think of the cost of it now...for next year.

3 comments:

Aria said...

Lima looks so cute in her Munchkin costume! That is so neat she got to perform in Kingsbury hall. Wow, I cannot BELIEVE how big your girls are getting. I think I say that every time you post a picture of them on your blog.

grandmabish said...

Your precious girls are soooo beautiful! I would love to see the performance on DVD some time. Tell Lima that Sister Hubrich thinks she looks fabulous in her costume! My happiest days were watching my children perform in various venues.

Lindsey said...

Too cute.