As I sit here and listen to the song "The Climb" I think about the past several years. Well actually my entire life.
Here are the words to the song:(It is the song playing on my blog right now)
I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going
And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on
'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebodies gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!
Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa.
The message in this song is so incredible. As I have gone over many many mountains in life, I am amazed at how the journey is what made me strong, not the reward at the end of if it.
I look back at the bumpy journey as Big Bean and I endured school with one child, then two. There were times I thought we were crazy, or wondered if this was all going to be worth it. My last huge mountain was graduating from school. Talk about once sense of accomplishment. I was talking to a family member on Saturday and her comment was "Well, that took you forever." You know what, it did, but I DID IT!!!
I am SO SO grateful for my hubby and kids. After graduation came one of the steepest slopes of my schooling mountain. Boards. I was at a loss and just didn't know how to study, partially because I was SO burnt out with school and partially I just didn't know what to expect. The morning of my boards I was beyond overwhelmed. The ocean of tears kept coming like a flood seen in Noah's time. With the sweet support of my monkeys and Big Bean I received a blessing.
I was off to take boards. I cannot tell you much about that test. I truly feel like there was another person there clicking that mouse on the answers. When I was done (done meaning the computer just shuts off, yes people, there is no knowing if it was passed or failed) I was sure that I failed. Again Noah flood tears came and I had no confidence. After taking a nap, I felt like things were complete.
Well I found out the next day late late at night that I passed. I PASSED!!! Again, tears...though this time, they were tears of completion. I passed, I finished school, I was a nurse. This was a goal that I thought I would get to one day, but not today. I did it, that day!!! I knew I was truly blesses by my Heavenly Father for making it though the most grueling schooling of my life. He blesses my kids while I was gone, and he blessed my hubbs with the patients needed while I was gone.
The next part of this journey was to make it over the peak and find a job. One that I could be home, but one that I loved. A year ago that would have been easy, but because of the economy nursing jobs are very hard to come by other then in home health. So again, I prayed and prayed. Then an opportunity opened up through a connection. One interview, one job application, and I was hired. I got my JOB!!! I am so excited.
I will be working the hours and minimal days I wanted. Life was finally starting to take off. I know that Bean and I have spent many hours praying, fasting, going to the temple hoping that one day all this hard, sometimes impossible feeling work would all pay off. I know that because we were so dedicated and set clear goals, though they make have taken longer then planned, we would be blessed.
I would be so ungrateful if I did not openly say how blessed I am!!! I know that Heavenly Father loves me and my family. He does want us to succeed and obtain our righteous desires. I am SO SO blesses to have the awesome husband that I have. I was told the other day, that he is truly a kind man. I had to agree, and fight back the tears (after all, we were walking into Costco). He truly is the most kind man!!! I am grateful fo Lima and all her "You can do it mom" support, and Pinto for her squishies.
To the next mountain in life....HERE I COME!!!!
7 years ago
4 comments:
Lori, This is the most beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your struggles, faith, and blessings with us. There are all kinds of mountains in life. I needed this sweet reminder tonight about how the Lord is always there with us helping us along. congratulations to you again. Love, Karren
just so you know, I went private and need your email to add you so you can view. email me at lainacampbell@gmail
stinkin' Miley Cyrus....Like that girl has climbed any mountains! But I was actually listening to that song a few weeks ago before the big vacation and thinking the same things about the mountains we have climbed in our family. I am proud of you for Making it no matter how fast or slow, it is wonderful that you endured and did it! I also wanted to say thank you for the reminder that Heavenly Father truly does watch over us all and takes Dang good care of us! All our (my) worrying is in vain if I could just have a bit more faith I would KNOW that it is going to be the way it needs to be and it is going to be OK! So in other words... Way to go! Have fun on the next Mountain! and I am so happy for you with your new job! Hope it is Wonderful!
Congrats on the triumph of your struggles. You have come a long way with school while raising your family. I hope you enjoy the ride now (until the next struggle comes your way). I am soo excited for you and your new job. Congrats again. Amanda
Post a Comment