I cannot believe Lima is already 5. If I had a scanner I would attach pics of when she was born...bummer. The last five years has been a great joy along with many challenges. As a baby from about 2 months on, she was perfect. A great sleeper and easily entertained. As she has gotten older the sleeping is still fabulous but the easily entertained has been a little challenging. This child has SO much energy that I run out of tasks for her to do. That energy comes in handy when she is being a princess though, because all the princesses clean in the movies, so she cleans everything too.
For her birthday we kept things low-key this year. We decorated for her to wake up to in the morning.
She decided that she wanted to decorate her room more, so with masking tape and a ton of leftover streamers in hand, she got busy.
Then the birthday fairy (thanks Brit) left donuts for her to eat for breakfast.
After opening presents and friend came over and the giddy girly giggling began. They watched a movie while having a picnic lunch on the floor followed by decorating cupcakes and staining everything possible, pink.
Then off to run through the sprinklers. It was a very fun day for her and a very laid back day for mom. Almost 2 dozen cupcakes were consumed that day but hey, calories don't count on birthdays!!!
On Sunday we had family over for presents and cake. I took on the task of making her cake again this year. There were stressful moments but I loved it.
Happy birthday you crazy energetic, singing, dancing, wild, imaginative kid!!! Mom and dad love you.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Lima! Wow, I can't believe she is FIVE! You did such a great job on the cake, my friend (but you always do). Glad things went well on her birthday day! :)
Cake looks great!
Post a Comment