Friday, November 7, 2008

How to enjoy the snow.

The first step: Have a nice cup of hot chocolate prepared by the fabulous hubs.
The second step: Eat chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches to warm the insides.
The third step: Get all dressed warm.
The fourth step: ENJOY!!!!!

We actually got a taste of what was coming on Sunday when we were at Snowbird for the weekend. It dumped all day long. When the mountains decided to be oh so generous and share the bitter cold with us here in the valley, we couldn't pass up the chance. We dresses the girls warm and Big Beans and I in only hoodies and tennis shoes went out for some family fun. After building a 7 1/2 foot snowman (Big Bean is 6' 7" and he is standing next to our snow friend), Bean had the fun of playing with the girls while I did the real women job of shoveling the side walk. Though I thoroughly despise the cold and snow, we had a great time and very red cheeks for the remainder of the day. It was sad to see Mr. snowman fall over the next day, but he was only the first of many. We will perfect the art in no time!!

I also need to do a little late catch-up of Halloween. My little critters are obsessed (not an understatement) with the Nightmare Before Christmas. So, when it was time to carve pumpkins, Pinto was adiment to have a Jack pumpkin. Well Daddy had to have an Oogi Boogi one too. They both talk daily about how they are going to see Jack in Disneyland. Pinto is going to huggle (hug) him. Miss Lima wanted her pumpkin to look just like it did. TOO FUNNY! For the actual trick-or-treating they were a kitty and butterfly. Thanks to Old Navy there is no effort or fight to keep kids warm. I don't have pictures of Halloween because we went to a party before heading out for the free goods and my friend took the pics(I know, if I were a true blogger I would have remembered my camera).


And to finish off the catch-up. What kid does not love to jump on the most massive pile of leaves in the world? Well Lima and Pinto had a blast. If only the landing were as soft for a mommy as it were when I was a kid. It would have been good times.


2 comments:

Aria said...

Yeah, I do not miss the snow although it looks like you guys sure had fun in it! The weather here is just now getting to be a little cooler--it's been in the 70s until these last few days and now it is just barely in the 60s. I love your pumpkins, especially the Jack Pumpkin King one!

Aria said...

I love her pictures! They are so beautiful. I need to learn how to do that...hehehe Your friends are not leaving you because of your gray hair! They are leaving because you are supposed to FOLLOW us! I think you should come live here -- the house next door IS for sale. :)