So today was a very challenging day for me. Well, one of the most I have had in a long time. As many of you have read in earlier posts I was going to Vietnam for school. Well, as of today that is all a dream that has faded into a puff of smoke. I had a Joseph Smith moment today. Cheesy maybe, but I can not describe it any better then this. (And Ina knows from youth conference experience that I get have weird thoughts that consume me for a short time). Anywhoo, to explain. Several months ago I had to decide if this is what I wanted. I was very torn between going and staying. When it came down to it, I was so confused that I decided to go because the thought of not going was to much. Well, so the rest of the money was due today, and with the generous help of a person that is very near and dear to my heart, I was going to get a little help paying to go (no worries, I would pay this person back). But, I awoke with a feeling of uncertainty. This is where the Joseph Smith feeling comes in. This is the same feeling I had way back when, then I made the decision to go. And here it was again. How could I ask God to make this feeling right again and again when obviously if it were right I would have been okay with it today. See where I am going with this. Think of Joseph and the 180(guess on the number) pages. So after much stuporing around the house and tears and ho hums what should I do, I finally swallowed my own this is what I want to do tantrum and asked my super dupor hubs to give me a blessing. Can I say how grateful I am that he is here and has that ability at any moment. Well after the blessing he left to run some errands and I jumped in the shower while the critters were entertained (thank you Disney movies, you are my shower hero). I pondered and pondered and prayed and thought. BUT I knew, deep in my heart I knew what the right answer was. SO, in my not so often seen fashion I admitted defeat and called my saving helper and told them alas I would not need to little help. After I had to call and explain to the several wonderful friends that I was supposed to go with. After tears while explaining to each of them, I accepted the fact that God wanted what was right for me. I wanted what was selfish I guess.
After all of this emotional blah, my hubs called in sick so we could go to dinner as a family for cheer up sakes. Then we got a call that his family was going to dinner for his brother's last night home before heading back to Marine training tomorrow, so we made arrangements to go. BUT mother nature must hate me also. Because of this snow (People, I hate snow. Always have, always will) my fabulous last minute sitter was going to be way late. So I sent my hubs on his way alone. Oh trust me, it gets even better. I get a call from the hubs at the restaurant and he had a siting. My heart during American Idol belonged to one person that would melt my eardrums,and people that was David Archuleta. HE, YES HE WAS AT THE STINKIN' RESTAURANT. My only thought was seriously, what else could happen today that was a big you get to miss out on haha moment. Well the hubs being funny and silly tried to get a picture for me, and got in trouble. He did manage to get a little video of the top of his head but nothing to spectacular.
SO, as the day goes, I am glad that it is almost over. This is one to look back at and know, I made the right decision and I know it will be okay. BUT, if any of you still want a crayon roll, I am still making them for the heck of it. I will be selling them at a little boutique in a few weeks (still waiting to get the word on the date. my friend is doing it at her house) for a little less then listed on the blog because I don't have to pay to ship and package.
Anywho, don't feel bad. I feel good. I am glad that there is a higher being that keeps me in check because sometimes I go CRAZY with ideas of what I want out of life. I did tell the hubs though, that because I won't be abandoning him for two and a half weeks now, he gets to fly me to LA to see Wicked since every stinken ticket was sold out in 10 seconds. We shall see.
Until next time...
7 years ago
7 comments:
Oh, friend, I'm sad for you that you won't be going to Vietnam. I know how much you wanted to do that but I'm also glad for you because you figured out what the Lord wanted you to do. I hate that you missed out on David A. at the restaurant. How crazy that Dave would "get in trouble" for trying to take a picture. The kid is a celebrity now and that's just what happens when you become a celebrity. People want pictures of you. Anyway, I hope you don't have another such STINKY day anytime soon.
I completely disagree when you say you were being selfish! Wanting to go and help others less fortunate is Never selfish, God just had a different plan for you, which Trust Me I understand the frustrations when that happens, but I read on a great blog once this quote and I love it and find it to be spot on!
"Sacrifice? Is there really such a concept for mortals? It always seems that the going without yields more return, making the original sacrifice not a sacrifice at all. It's an imperfect conversion."
C Jane. ( from C. Jane enjoy it)
Hang in there!! Though the Dave A. is a bummer, so sorry about that part of the story!
Sorry. What a sad day. I hate it when we have make the hard decisions that we don't want to make. But hey tomorrow will probably be better than today!
I'm sorry you don't get to go to Vietnam. I know way to well what it is like to not get to do the things you really wish you could do but I also now there is peace that comes in following the spirit. I hope things start looking up from here and maybe it actually relives some stress.
Dear big sis,
I want to reach out and give you one HUGE loving hug right now. I knew something was up with you yesterday. ;(
Im impressed with your desire to follow the Lord even when you dont understand the whys. You have a hig heart & I know that you will just as much good for those here around you as you would have over seas.
Mother nature is pretty lame & again I am SO Super sorry for not making over in time. I didnt get home till 9.
I love you! Best wishes for better day today.
So sorry that you won't be going to Vietnam. But like you said, there is some reason that the lord doesn't want you there. I loved David A. too. I would have died to see him, stupid weather. Hope today is a better day for you.
Thank you for the love!!! It makes me feel better. Though I am still sad I know it is right and so I am getting over it!! I love you all!!
Post a Comment