Thank you to all of you who offered you kind words and thoughts. I am so grateful that I have people out there to say just the right things when I need it. SO for today, I am going to poor out my heart for what I am grateful that I have.
We will start off with Lima. I am so glad for her. She keeps me in check. When I get frustrated she comes right up to my face and asks "Mommy are you still mad?" How do you explain to a four year old the difference between frustration and anger? She also is a very caring generous girl. her pre-school teacher told me that she made sure everyone had something before she took care of herself. Yup that's my girl! She is a little stinkin' spitfire though and keeps us on your toes. I have never seen such a huge imagination in anyone other then this girl. She is every animal, Disney character, you name it she is it and acts the part. She is also a girl after my own heart who will break into song at any moment. Even in line at the store. Who would have thought a four year old could sing with such passion and vibrato. I am glad she is here!!!!
The next love of my life is Pinto. We call her Bitty around our house. She is so darn cute, I could keep her in a jar on the shelf FOREVER. Her favorite phrases right now are "hold you" and "I do it byself". She is my "my way or the highway child". I love to watch her play and interact with her big sis. When I had Lima lay on the floor today Pinto offered Lima her blanket to lay on (we have wood floors) and her GG to hold. Now this is the beloved giraffe that Pinto does not leave home without and she is offering her sis it to hold while lying on the hard floor. And who could not love a little girl who is obsessed with pink and purple everything at the age of two. I love this girl and her chocolate obsessed thoughts.
That biggest thing I am grateful for is my hubs. He is super duper awesome. He is such a solid support to me and my girls. He has stepped up and filled in the super dad roll while I have been in school for the past 1 1/2 years. He will bring home flowers for no reason at all, and is a great neck rubber. No one can wash dishes and bath kids like he can. Sorry ladies, he is the best there is out there!!!
Other things that I am really grateful for are, not having to walk through snow with two small kids to get to my car in a farm parking lot and then having to scrape it off. Oh I love living in a house and not an apartment. I am grateful that I chose a career that the economy will not affect. I am grateful that the hubs and meself will be done with school and living like real people not beyond poor college students as of May. Well the hubs was done last May, but he is waiting for me to graduate to get his career going. I am not grateful for the snow (though come spring I will be) BUT I am very grateful for hot chocolate, marshmallows, warm blankets, jammies and good books. I am also VERY VERY grateful for the great friends that I have. I do miss my cable but I am very glad that I don't have it because I am the pro procrastinator. And I just can't do homework when there is a great show in tv to watch.
There is a bagillion more things I can write, but I think I have done my part to help with the excuse for spending too much time in front of the computer. Is there are such thing as too much time? Thanks to all of you out there. You are great examples to me!!!
Next time I will actually get caught up on Christmas and Disneyland.
7 years ago
1 comment:
I seriously miss you guys. And your kids too--they are so sweet. I'm glad you'll be members of the real world in May! I'm still waiting for that to happen. You will be such a great nurse!
Post a Comment